BLACKEN OPEN AIR RETURNS IN 2022
After three long and arduous years, Blacken Open Air announces its return to the Dead Centre of Australia. This winter, we will gather together on Arrernte country, at Inteyerrkwe, Ross River Resort.
With national and international borders opening, we feel we can finally make this happen. All the details, including who’s playing, will be announced in the coming weeks. We will do our best to bring back the postponed lineup, but where we can’t make that work, we will find incredible replacements.
A limited amount of early bird tickets are on sale now at http://blackenfestival.com
We want to give a heartfelt thanks to the those of you who have held onto your 2021 tickets. They have been automatically transferred to the new dates. You legends have kept the dream alive.
See you in the Dead Centre!
- Festival tickets are on sale now – book early and save
- All ages – under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- Day tickets are available on the gate
- All tickets from the postponed 2021 event have been transferred to the 2022 event
- Gates open in the afternoon on Friday, 29 July
- Pedestrian access is permitted all weekend
- Entry for vehicles closes at 1pm on Saturday 30 July or when capacity is reached
- Vehicles cannot be moved after daylight hours
- There is additional parking outside the main gates in the day-parking area
- All vehicles must leave the festival site by midday on Monday 1 August
- Camping is included for the duration of your ticket validity
- Bring your own camping gear, tents, swags, vans etc
- Camping is first in, first served, get in early to reserve your spot
- Cabins are also available on site. For bookings contact Ross River Homestead directly on (08) 8956 9711
- Blacken is located approximately 85kms down the Ross Highway, a sealed bitumen road
- Beware of sudden bends in the road and oncoming traffic
- Driving after dark is a no-no
- There are a few stretches along the Ross Highway that are one lane, meaning; room for one vehicle only. The “rule” around these one-lane stretches; if a heavy vehicle is coming towards you, you MUST pull off the road completely and let it pass. You can then continue on your journey
- Don’t hit a cow man. The road to Blacken Open Air is cattle country. Please don’t underestimate the dangers. Cattle and wild brumbies roam free on the road. A sharp eye is paramount while driving the Ross Highway. Tell your passengers to be spotters along the way.
- There are multiple water refill taps located within the festival site and camping area. These are clearly marked
- Please note, the tap water is bore water; safe to drink but may not be to everyone’s liking
- Bottled water is available for purchase at the bar
- There will be a number of food vendors available catering for carnivores, herbivores and in between
- The food vans will be serving breakfast, lunch & dinner (and coffee!)
- Don’t forget to hit the supermarket on your way out to pick up snacks
- This is a fully licensed event
- No BYO alcohol is permitted
- Security will be searching vehicles on entry (a condition of the license)
- Any alcohol found will be confiscated
- Please advise the crew / medics or security immediately if you see someone who appears to be distressed due to intoxication, anxiety or any other unidentified ailment
Cash & EFT
- There are EFTPOS facilities available on site
- Being a remote location, wifi can drop out and interrupt EFTPOS terminals
- Please bring sufficient cash for the weekend
Showers & toilets
- Flushing toilets and hot showers are available
- Accessibility amenities are on site
- Showers will be limited to 5 mins per person per day
- Showers will be operating for a couple of hours each morning to conserve water
Safety, Security & First Aid
- There will be First Aid personell available on site 24/7
- There will be licensed security personnel roaming 24/7
- Traditional Owners ask all festival goers to not climb the red ridge at the back of the campsite for cultural reasons. This is a sacred site
- Dehydration is a serious risk in the desert. Please ensure you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- No pets are permitted on site
- Certified Assistance Dogs are welcome
- Blacken Open Air strongly advise attendees not to bring illegal substances to the site
- Please look after yourselves and your friends
- There may be a police presence at the festival
- The festival site has a number of designated campfires within the event space for all to enjoy
- There is a zero tolerance policy to campfires in the camping area for safety reasons
- Renegade fires in the campground will be extinguished and firebugs may be evicted
- Please take your campsite rubbish home with you
- There will be rubbish and recycling stations around the festival grounds
- Smokers please stomp ya butt & put it in the bin
Blacken Open Air 2022 ticket holders terms and conditions of entry:
- This ticket is proof of purchase of the above event and must be presented at the time of admission.
- This ticket is non-transferable and only one ticket is valid per ticket purchased.
- Tickets are not to be duplicated for the purpose of falsifying entry.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry.
- This ticket may be valid as a tax invoice or receipt in the case of registrations or other event payments.
- This ticket has been created and managed using the TryBooking site and is also subject to the Terms and Conditions of TryBooking
- As the Event Organiser hosting this event, Blacken Open Air is solely responsible for all issues relating to the sale of tickets. If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact [email protected]
- Proof of age card may be requested.
- Tickets cannot be on-sold by any means at a price greater than the purchase price of the ticket. Scalped tickets may be cancelled, and the ticket holder denied entry.
- Any persons who are noisy, drunk, threatening or unruly will be asked to leave the premises.
- The event organiser has all rights to film, photo and video production of this event.
- Any data collected for marketing purposes from this event will be strictly in accordance with the Privacy of Information Act.