BLACKEN 2021 POSTPONED
UPDATE: 20th July, 2021
We are absolutely gutted to have to announce that Blacken 2021 is being postponed. It is impossible to proceed as planned with all the current border closures. This hurts on multiple levels. We will be back with new dates to announce as soon as possible. All tickets will be transferred over to the new dates. Please be patient as our small team deal with inquiries. Thank you so much to all the crew, artists, media, volunteers and you the fans for believing in what we do. Blacken will return!
ARCHIVED: BLACKEN OPEN AIR returns in 2021
Gates open Friday evening for the pre-party…
Main Stage runs Saturday and Sunday until late.
The festival is family friendly with a kid’s area and activities.
- Festival tickets are on sale now
- All ages – under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Day tickets are available on the gate
- Gates open in the evening of Friday, 30 July
- Entry for vehicles to main festival site closes at 4.00pm on Saturday 31 July or when capacity is reached. Pedestrian access is still permitted.
- Camping is first in, first served, so get in early to reserve your spot.
- There will be additional parking outside the main gates in the day-parking area.
- It is requested that all ticket holders and vehicles leave the festival site by 12.00pm on Monday 2 August in order for us to bring in our service vehicles for bump-out.
- Camping is included for the duration of your ticket validity.
- Cabins are also available on site. For bookings contact Ross River Homestead directly on (08) 8956 9711
- Don’t hit a cow man. The road to Blacken Open Air is cattle country. Please don’t underestimate the dangers. Cattle and wild brumbies roam free on the road. A sharp eye is paramount while driving the Ross Highway. Tell your passengers to be spotters along the way.
- Driving after dark is a no-no.
- There are a few stretches of road along the Ross Highway (to road to Blacken Open Air) that is one lane, meaning; room for one vehicle only. The “rule” around these one-lane stretches; if a heavy vehicle is coming towards you, you MUST pull off the road completely and let it pass. You can then continue on your journey.
- There are multiple water refill taps located within the festival site and camping area. These will be clearly marked.
- Please note, the tap water is bore water; safe to drink but may not be to everyone’s liking.
- Bottled water will be available for purchase at the bar.
- There will be a number of food vendors available catering for carnivores, herbivores and most in between.
- The food vans will be serving breakfast, lunch & dinner (and coffee!)
- Don’t forget to hit the supermarket on your way out to pick up snacks
- This is a fully licensed event.
- No BYO alcohol is permitted.
- Security will be searching vehicles on entry (a condition of the license).
- Any alcohol found will be confiscated.
- Please advise the crew / medics or security immediately if you see someone who appears to be distressed due to intoxication, anxiety or any other unidentified ailment.
Cash & EFT
- There will be EFTPOS facilities available.
- Please bring sufficient cash for the weekend.
Showers & toilets
- Flushing toilets and hot showers available.
- Disabled amenities are on site.
- Showers will be limited to a couple of hours a day to conserve water.
Safety, Security & First Aid
- There will be First Aiders available on site 24/7.
- There will be licensed security personnel roaming 24/7.
- Traditional Owners ask all festival goers to not climb the red ridge at the back of the campsite for cultural reasons. This is a sacred site.
- Dehydration is a serious risk in the desert. Please ensure you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- No pets are permitted on site.
- Certified Assistance Dogs are of course welcome.
- Blacken Open Air strongly advise attendees not to bring illegal substances to the site.
- Please look after yourselves and your friends
- There will be a police presence at the festival.
- The festival site has a number of designated campfires within the event space for all to enjoy. Don’t be reason they’ll be completely banned at future events.
- There is a zero tolerance policy in the camping area for safety reasons.
- Renegade fires in the campground will be extinguished by site crew.
- Please take your campsite rubbish home with you.
- There will be rubbish and recycling stations around the main stage area.
- Smokers please stomp ya butt & put it in the bin.